It's the tastiest day of the year... Pancake Day!
Whether you like your pancakes sweet or savoury, hot or cold, these delicious recipes will get the whole household excited.
Almond Blueberry Pancakes
For a healthier treat this Pancake Day, try this simple and delicious Almond Pancake recipe by @barbarasfoodcravings and top with Greek Yoghurt, blueberries and a drizzle of honey.
Serves 1, ready in 15 minutes
- 130g Almond flour
- 2 Eggs
- 50ml Almond milk
- 1 Tsp Baking powder
- 1 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp Coconut oil
- Greek yoghurt
- Honey/Maple syrup
- In a mixing bowl, stir together eggs, almond milk, coconut oil and vanilla extract until combined.
- In a separate bowl mix together all dry ingredients.
- Fold the dry ingredients into wet and mix until just combined.
- On a non-stick pan, heat up 1 tbsp of coconut oil. Place 1 tablespoon of the batter on the pan and let cook for 2 minutes until bubbles start to appear on top.
- Flip the pancakes and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Repeat the remaining batter.
- Top with blueberries, Greek yoghurt and honey and serve.
TIP: Add the Blueberries directly into the batter mix for a more colourful and fruit flavoured pancake.
Caramelised Apple Pancakes
This delicious caramelised apple pancake recipe from @kitchen.religion will definitely go down a treat.
- 500ml of kefir at room temperature
- 250g all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1 apple (for the mixture)
- Thin apple slices (to caramelise)
- A pinch of salt
- Combine all the ingredients (except your apple slices) in a mixer and then set aside for around 5 minutes
- Preheat the frying pan and pour some batter into the pan to make your first pancake
- After pouring, immediately add 2 apple slices on top of the pancake
- Once the edges of your pancake are set, flip the pancake over to cook the other side. The apples will then caramelise and add more flavour
- Repeat this process for the remainder of your batter and enjoy!
Banana, Walnut & Berry Vegan Pancakes
Try something a little different with this vibrant and delicious recipe from food blogger @fancyplantsfoodie.
- 350ml plant based milk
- 100g (1 medium size) banana
- 100g oat flour
- 50g ground walnuts
- 50g buckwheat flour
- 50g berries
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- A pinch of ground vanilla or a splash of vanilla extract
Optional: 1 tablespoon maple syrup A little oil to cook with
Toppings: Coconut dairy-free yoghurt blended with 1 banana and mixed berries.
- First blend the oats to make the oat flour and grind the walnuts down. Add these to a large mixing bowl
- Blend the bananas and berries with a little milk and also add these to the mixing bowl
- Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk thoroughly
- Leave to rest for 10 minutes to allow the flaxseeds to soak up the liquid and bind the mixture
- Meanwhile heat up the oil in your pan
- Whisk again thoroughly before ladling a portion of the batter into the hot pan
- Cook until underside is lightly browning then flip and cook the other side
- Serve with fresh fruits, quinoa puffs & edible roses, or toppings of your choice