These pecan brownies are super easy to make and are incredibly delicious. They'll look great in the centre of any spread and will have the whole family coming back for more.
Tip: Add your brownies to a beautiful Denby cake stand for a thoughtful and useful gift.
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 125g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 120g Unsalted butter cubed
- 4 Eggs
- 120g Light Brown Sugar
- 120g White Sugar
- 150g White Chocolate Chopped
- 150g Dark Chocolate Chopped
- 40g Cocoa Powder
- 150g Pecans Chopped (12 whole saved back for topping)
- 250g Salted Caramel
- Preheat oven to 200C/ 180C FAN/ Gas Mark 4
- Whisk the eggs and the sugar together until light, fluffy and pale in colour.
- Melt the butter and dark chocolate together in the microwave on short bursts.
- Fold the melted chocolate and butter into the egg mixture and gradually sieve in the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder. Careful not to over mix and knock the air out.
- Finally add the chopped white chocolate and pecans to the mix and pour into a lined 23cm square baking tin.
- Bake for 25 - 30 mins until just set and still a little gooey.
- Cool completely before removing and cut into 12 squares. Top each square with a teaspoon of salted caramel and top each with a pecan and a pinch of sea salt.