Embracing Veganuary at home? Try these indulgent dairy- and gluten-free ramekin cakes from fancyplantsfoodie, baked and served in individual Denby stoneware ramekins.
Cooking time: 14 minutes
Vegan and gluten-free
Add fresh fruits, chocolate drops, dairy-free ice cream or dark chocolate sauce for the perfect pudding.
- 100g flour*
- 50g unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder
- 75g coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 60g dark, dairy-free chocolate
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 90ml (5 tablespoons) plant milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 50g coconut oil
*gluten-free flour mix: 50g almond flour, 25g oat flour & 25g tapioca flour (or use your own preferred brand of gluten-free or regular flour)
- Soak the ground flax seeds in water for 15 minutes to make the flax egg.
- Set the oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease the ramekins with coconut oil and place on a baking tray.
- Powder the coconut sugar by processing in a blender for 20 seconds.
- Sieve the flour, cocoa, sugar and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Add the salt.
- Melt the chocolate slowly, whilst stirring, over a bain marie (a saucepan of hot water with a heatproof bowl over it to melt the chocolate in).
- Add the coconut oil into the melted chocolate and stir until the oil melts.
- In a jug, mix the milk, vanilla extract and flax egg.
- Pour the jug of wet ingredients into the mixing bowl of dry ingredients.
- Add the melted chocolate mixture too and stir well. It should form a stiff batter.
- Spoon the mixture into the ramekins and bake for 12 -14 minutes.
- Serve straight from the oven and add your favourite toppings.