Just in time for Great British Bake Off’s Biscuit Week (one of our favourites!) here’s a simple to follow shortbread recipe you need to try from Denby, you’ll be a star baker in no time at all!
Head to Denby at Junction 32 to discover a great selection of robust baking tins and trays, to help you create the perfect bake.
Lemon shortbread Recipe
100g salted butter, softened
50g golden caster sugar, add a little extra for dusting
1 large lemon (zest)
175g plain flour
- Preheat your oven to 130/150C/Gas Mark 2 and grease your baking tray.
- Put the butter into a bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until it's soft.
- Add both the caster sugar and lemon zest to the bowl and mix.
- Stir in the flour then use your hands to form a soft dough.
- Roll out onto a smooth surface and use the bottom of a decorative tumbler to create the pattern.
- Next use a round cutter to create the biscuits.
- Transfer these onto your tray and bake for around 40 minutes until they turn a pale gold colour.
- Leave to cool then dust some remaining caster sugar onto the shortbread to serve.