Reports to: Cleaning Supervisor
Location: Junction 32 Shopping Centre
Salary: £9.50 per hour
30 hrs per week
Purpose of the Role: Cleaning Operative to provide customer service/maintain high cleanliness of Junction 32 Shopping Centre and all its facilities; hit and surpass Centre recycling targets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This role will include a variety of tasks including the following:
- To maintain high standards of cleanliness of Junction 32 Shopping Centre and all its facilities
- To perform all cleaning tasks in accordance with training and instructions received or tasks given.
- Ensure high standards of professionalism at all times ensuring the right service is delivered to the client and to meet the requirements of audits and cleaning specifications
- Ensure work is carried out to the highest standards of health and safety with regards to themselves and that of others by following the company procedures at all times
- Ensure the correct Personal Protective Equipment is correctly worn at all times.
- Responsible for maintaining cleaning stores in a safe and effective manner
- Participate in ensuring that Junction 32 Shopping Centre is a safe and non-threatening environment for all Guests, staff and tenants.
- Be professional, pleasant, friendly, helpful and courteous at all times whilst carrying out your duties.
- Continuously look for opportunities to help Guests and promote service excellence
- To be flexible and a willing team player in order to assist with the delivery of other services as required, for example refuse collection, recycling collection (and processing), use of onsite machinery, hand sweeping and cleaning a variety of areas.
- To carry out all operations effectively and with due regard to your own health and safety and the safety of members of the public
- Ensure adherence to legislation e.g. COSHH and dilution rates
- To maintain excellent customer service with your colleagues and Brand Partners at all times
- Be prepared to receive and undertake further training as required by the Centre
- Adhere to all Incentive FM / Centre policies for example the procedure for booking annual leave
- Any other duties which may from time to time be required by the Operations Manager or Line Manager
- Support and work towards all Centre objectives including objectives in particular environmental and recycling targets.
- Perform all tasks required set by the FSI Go-Control 7 Auditing System
- Undertake any reasonable request from your Line Manager
- First Aid support (trained personnel)
- Responsible for acting as an evacuation marshal in the event of a major incident.
- Assist with event and promotional activity management as required.
- Be prepared to receive and undertake further training as required.
- Working at height desirable
- IPAF and Mansafe desirable but full training will be given.
- Experience of using communication effectively
- Customer service experience
- Experience of cleaning to a high standard
- Knowledge of COSHH
- Experience of prioritising tasks in line with business requirements
- Experience in working towards recycling targets
Skills & Abilities
- Quality Orientation - Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being attentive and maintaining quality standards always
- Flexibility – Is able to work effectively in a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups.
- Personal Motivation – Is able to work off own initiative and commits self to work hard towards goals. Shows enthusiasm and commitment.
- Interpersonal sensitivity
- Interacts with others in a sensitive and effective way. Respects and works well with others
- Operating with integrity
- Acts with professionalism and integrity at all times when dealing with others, demonstrating a fully responsive and co-operative manner in order to deliver the highest level of internal and external service