Closing Date: 24/05/2019
We are currently recruiting for a Lead Electrical Maintenance Engineer, to be based on site at the shopping complex, Junction 32 in Castleford.
The successful candidate will hold responsibility and take ownership of the service delivery to the client and shopping complex. You will have responsibility for delivering personally all electrical reactive and planned maintenance for the landlord whilst supervising specialist sub-contractors and retailer sub-contractors attending site. Working with H&S and Landlord systems you will ensure adherence to all site statutory compliance is to standard.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to start out in a line management role. You will be managing 1 x Building Fabric engineer on site with the support and guidance of your line manager. This role is a split working engineer and office based role.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week. Some flexibility around start and finish times dependent on the time of year, as the site is an outdoor shopping centre.
- Lead your team in provision of excellent service delivery by monitoring service performance, taking corrective action when necessary across the client’s premises and escalating to the Contracts Manager.
- Managing service provision via clearly defined contract metrics (KPI/SLA) in line with agreed contractual responsibilities.
- Lead compliance operations on behalf of the whole site including permit management, tenant demise inspections and inductions
- Provide first line management and leadership to contract dedicated team, setting team objectives and individual performance management reviews
- Undertake risk assessments and safety audits in line with relevant safety legislation and NG Bailey Health and Safety systems and procedures.
- Develop relationships with customers to be able to identify additional work opportunities, escalating to the Contracts Manager as appropriate.
- Supervision of Sub Contractor works ensuring compliance with NGB FS procurement processes.
- Monitor completion of PPM and reactive work through utilisation of Siclops, analysis of Work in Progress (WIP) reporting and liaison with the NGB FS Service Centre.
- Ensure compliance with statutory controls across all technical areas of expertise, NGB FS Management System by completion of internal audits and involvement in external audits to support and develop an ethos of Continuous Improvement.
- Ensure the completion of tool box talks with all Engineers in team as prescribed by the SHEQ department.
- Carry out sub-contractor quotations and produce quotes for any small works required on site
- Liaise closely with the Contracts Manager to ensure service delivery meets client expectations.
- Build an excellent team working relationship with NGB FS Service Centre
- Assist in the production of monthly operations report
- Play an active part in the development of NGB FS service delivery seeking new ways of working; best practise and continuous improvement.
- Conduct and complete staff appraisals
You will have:
- Practical experience carrying out PPM's
- Undertaking routine Electrical Repairs and Maintenance in line with SFG20 or equivalent, with basic fault finding diagnostic experience.
- Completed a recognised Electrical Apprenticeship (Preferred not Essential)
- City and Guilds 236 Parts 1&2 OR equivalent
- City and Guilds 2382-15 17th Edition
- Previous experience holding a role of Lead Engineer / Supervisor
- Capable of working independently.
- Excellent customer service skills – very client facing
Desirable to have:
- IOSH Working / Managing Safely
- Safe system of Work Procedure – PTW; RAMS etc
- L8 Training
About Us - NG Bailey
We are one of the leading independent engineering and services businesses in the UK. Founded in 1921, with a turnover of £500m and 3000 employees, we are proud of our history of developing great people through our investment in training.
Working across a variety of sectors within the building and infrastructure industry, our innovative, responsible and forward thinking approach allows us to work on fantastic ground-breaking projects, providing solutions using the latest tools and technologies.
Progression is something we value and we’ll make sure that when you join us you have a clearly defined development path, supported by regular reviews, training and ongoing support to enable you to be the best you can be
To Apply: Contact Mark Edwards, Senior Talent Acquisition Manager:
email@example.com / 07528 968 867